Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Post Holiday Clean Up: 3 Day Refresh Review



Heeeeck no, I did not turn down the pumpkin or strawberry pie!  I am also guilty of having my fair share of chips, dip, and cocktails; items I don't include in my diet on a 'normal' basis!  All year I aim to eat clean 90% of the time because I feel my best when I do, and I had strayed off course a little too much.  I was feeling bloated, low on energy and foggy from all of the junk I consumed from Thanksgiving through the New Year!
It was the first week of the New Year and everyone's posting up their resolutions, and I hadn't even thought about mine yet, bad girl, I know!  So I decided I wanted to clear out the bad, feel good again, and the 3 Day Refresh seemed like a great idea.

I have never tried a cleanse, so I did a little digging and I found out that other popular short-term cleanses provide incomplete nutrition promoting muscle loss instead of fat loss and can cause a rebound due to the lack of adequate protein, low fiber, and/or high sugar levels.  This particular cleanse is designed to help you detox, eat less, has the fiber and the nutrition, plus real food you need, so you don't feel as deprived.

DETAILS:
The 3 Day Refresh, is in fact 3 days.  You’ll follow a program of 3 shakes a day, a fiber drink, plenty of filtered water (recommend half your body weight in ounces), plus a wide array of choices for fresh fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats throughout the day to keep your energy and metabolism going.
Here is the breakdown of what you will receive:



Once I received my 3 day cleanse and planned out my days I needed to get mentally prepared for this. I accepted I might feel hungry, but decided I would keep a positive attitude and give it a real try.  So I took a day to do that and now I was excited to start.

My plan was to stay on a timely schedule and eat/drink each meal or shake every 1-2 hours. I chose Vegan Chocolate Shakeology, and also decided that I could NOT skip my daily cup of coffee, which they do allow you to have, black.  If you want to skip the coffee, I would start the process of limiting it ahead of time.

Here is an example of the break down:

MY DAY ONE:
1.  I woke up and drank 12 ounces of water, and within an hour blended my Chocolate Shakeology with water and a banana. Drank more water.

2.  I had my BLACK coffee an hour later, which I didn't think I would enjoy, but I guess I DO like it well enough after all! And drank More Water.

3.  Then an hour or so after my coffee, I had my Fiber Sweep, which I chugged, because it was a little weird in consistency but had a lemony flavor that wasn't bad.  I had MORE Water after that.  At this point I'm looking towards a later lunch, which is what I wanted.  I was feeling good energy wise and was excited to continue my day!

4.  Lunch time rolled around about 2 hours later and I had the Vanilla Fresh Shake with strawberries, blended. I'm not a vanilla flavor person so I was trying to change it to strawberry, which kind of worked.  The shake is very sweet tasting from the stevia in it, so I drank water with it. In my opinion it was drinkable and slightly enjoyable.  At this point you are also allowed to have a veggie and healthy fat, so I had celery and almond butter, and of course, MORE Water!  I felt good and went about my afternoon sipping water and hanging out with my toddler on a walk.

5. One more veggie and healthy fat was scheduled for the afternoon before dinner: Bell peppers and hummus plus More water!

6.  I was doing great until I had to fix my kids some dinner, I really wanted to eat what they were having, but I stayed strong and had my Vanilla Refresh shake along with roasted asparagus and almonds! It was actually very yummy and truth be told I might have snuck a few extra asparagus pieces!

7.  I saved my herbal tea for the evening. I had one while I took my son to basketball, and and then I had a night time tea right before bed.  I felt really energized and very in tune with my body.  But it took me forever to fall asleep that night, and I got a little hungy!

My day two schedule was the same as day one with a few different meal choices.  One being, I mixed my vanilla refresh shake with frozen pineapple/mango chunks.  I did get a little grumpy right before lunch time and I had to refocus.  I like chicken, and I missed it.  Although I felt the freebie spices helped me to make my day 2 lunch interesting, a whole red pepper and "guacomole."  After lunch I was feeling energized but also a little unsatisfied.  So I drank more water, finished out my day two, although I was a little hungry at bed time again!

I woke up day three with not as much motivation to get this refresh accomplished. I was HUNGRY so I quickly drank my water and my shake that morning!  That set me on track and reminded me of how good my body was feeling!  My secret was to stay busy, stay on my schedule and my day was flying by. Then I hit a speed bump at dinner, I got off track and got reeeeeeeeal HUNGRY!  I quickly got my fresh green bean, carrot, and red pepper medley sauteed up, and devoured it.  My family even liked it with their chicken, chicken I wanted, haha!  Once again I went to bed a little hungry after my sleepy time tea, but I FINALLY slept like a baby!  




SUMMARY & RESULTS:
When I look back on my refresh, I believe it was a great experience. It was challenging, I recommend staying clear of temptation and other's eating.  I planned out everything a head of time, and did my best to stick to a schedule.  Even though I felt hungry at times my body felt alive and full of energy which kept propelling me to stick to the plan and move forward.  
I lost bloating, mental fogginess, sluggish feelings, and 2 POUNDS!!  My goal was to refresh my body, and I did!  The weight loss was a bonus, and this program helped me kick start my healthy eating into another round of the 21 Day Fix!  A week and a few days later I'm down 4 pounds, and feeling motivated to stay committed to my healthy habits, GOAL ACCOMPLISHED!  I will definitely be using this again!

Are you ready to REFRESH with me?!
I am offering a 3 Day Refresh Support Group in February!
After the refresh we will be finishing the month off with a
Clean Eating Group to help you stay on track and preserve 

your results, exercise is optional!  
WILL YOU JOIN US?!


So how does this work? First make me your Team Beach Body Coach if I'm not. Contact me below by filling out the application to join! You are required to purchase the 3-day refresh challenge pack from me, then you are accepted to my private online support group! 

We Will complete the 3 Day Refresh, and then finish out the 30 days replacing one meal a day with Shakeology, healthy eating and any exercise of your choice. Each day you will log into the group to receive your tip of the day, daily motivation, inspiration and accountability.  I will share my recipes, and my tips to healthy eating!  By the end of the 30 days we will have kicked out the bad habits and introduced new habits into your life for creating a long healthy life for you and your family!

Does this sound like something you are ready to do?
If so, complete this application:

If you are anxious to join now, click the image below and purchase the 3 Day Refresh Challenge Pack! I will message you to chat and get you up and running! I am so excited to help you along your cleanse and healthy eating challenge! 
Talk to you Soon, Amanda

   3 DAY REFRESH LOSE WEIGHT AND FEEL GREAT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment